Video & Late Auditions
If you missed our May auditions, it's not too late to join!
Creating your Video Audition:
Please include everything into a single video instead of sending several links to different videos. It is much easier to send one link with all pieces of your video audition.
- State your Name, Age, and whether you are interested in auditioning for Fall, Aztec Open Class Winter Guard, Aztec A Class Winter Guard, or all of the above.
- Then tell us about any experience you may have whether it is a High School color guard, Drum Corps, Independent Winter Guard, Performance Group, Dance Team, etc.
- You only need to record yourself from the front for your audition video.
- The order of the video should be Introduction, Dance, Flag basics, then Flag Combo. If you are doing weapon you will then include the Rifle Basics then Rifle Combo, followed by Sabre Basics and the Sabre Combo. Remember, only dance and flag are required, rifle and sabre are optional and you do not have to do both weapons.
Submitting your Video Audition:
- Upload the video on Youtube. Title the video “ SDSU Color Guard 2017-2018 Video Audition” Be sure to make the video public so that we will be able to view it with no problems. We are aware that there are other ways to send us your video audition but we prefer everyone to upload it on YouTube and send us the YouTube link to your video audition.
- E-mail us the link to your video. Be sure to double check that your video is viewable. Try sending the link to a friend or family member to assure you that the video will be viewable.
You have 2 options:
- You can attend one of our rehearsals on the dates listed below and audition in person
- Tuesday, June 20, 5-9pm, Peterson Gym room 241
- Thursday, June 22, 5-9pm, Peterson Gym room 241
- Tuesday, June 27, 5-9pm, Peterson Gym room 241
- Thursday, June 29, 5-9pm, Peterson Gym room 241
- If you are auditioning in person, please have the combos ready to perform on the day you come.
- Email Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which day you are coming in to audition.
Email us your audition videos by Monday, August 7
- Dance and flag are the only combos required. Rifle and sabre are optional.
- Required additional skills to include in your videos:
- 5 flag singles on the right
- 5 flag singles on the left
- 5 flag doubles on the right
- If you are doing the rifle combo, please include:
- 5 rifle doubles (5-7 set-up preferred)
- 5 rifle triples (5-7 set-up preferred)
- Optional - 5 rifle quads, (5-7 set-up preferred)
- Optional - 5 rifle fives
- If you are doing the sabre combo, please include:
- 5 hilt doubles (5-7 set-up preferred)
- 5 blade doubles (5-7 set-up preferred)
- 5 hilt triples (5-7 set-up preferred)
- 5 blade triples (5-7 set-up preferred)
- Optional - 5 hilt quads, (5-7 set-up preferred)
- Optional - 5 blade quads, (5-7 set-up preferred)
- Optional - 5 hilt fives
Have fun with it! Don't stress about the small stuff ;) Remember to perform =D
- Pay the $40 audition fee online if you are submitting a video audition, or in person if you are coming in to audition.
- Complete the Liability Waiver email it to email@example.com as an attachment, or bring it if you are coming in person.
- Complete this Information Form
- You must also complete the Intent to Participate form found here.
To pay online
- Click on the image to the left to add the item to your cart. It will then be added to your cart and appear in the upper right hand corner. of the site.
- Click on your cart to pay the fee.
- Please note that your audition is NOT complete until you pay the audition fee and receive email confirmation of your payment.
If you have any questions, feel free to call or text Michele 858-472-2715. We look forward to meeting you!!!
- Each video below has a front & back view with counts and a front & back view with music.
- The flag combo has a double at the end with a turn around catch. The optional version is to do a standard flag double with a catch to the front if you like.
- The rifle combo has a double time section. The optional version is to do regular rifle spins instead of double time if you like.
- Both the rifle and sabre combos end with a standard toss. You can choose to do a triple, quad or five. Please specify what you are tossing the video or email.
- When recording your basics, please state what they are before you perform them.
- Below are the links to the songs to use for each combo: