2018 - 2019 Aztec Winter Guard
We're excited to announce the newest addition to our Design Staff, Mario Ramirez (Diamante, Mandarins, etc.)! Looking forward to all that's to come!!
- Sunday, September 16th, 8am - 5pm @ SDSU in Peterson Gym
- Sunday, September 30th, 8am - 5pm @ SDSU in Peterson Gym
- Saturday & Sunday, October 13 & 14, 8am - 5pm @ SDSU in Peterson Gym
- You must attend both days.
- Please wear all black, form-fitting dance attire to auditions, indoor dance shoes or bare feet, and hair must be up out of your face.
- You must print and complete the Participation Waiver below and bring with you to the first clinic/audition you attend:
- Participation Waiver
- ***Important*** If you are under 18 you MUST have a parent/guardian sign this waiver in order to participate
- There is a $40 audition fee due on the first day you attend a clinic or audition.
- We accept cash or card only.
- There will be a 1 hour lunch break each day.
- Bring your own lunch or money to purchase food in the area (Chipotle, Habit, Subway, etc.)
- Parking Information
- Parking is available in PS7 (see map) but requires the purchase of a permit each day
- Cost of the parking permit is $15/day
- Permits can be purchased by phone. See image below
- Free street parking is also available around campus
Open Guard Rehearsal Schedule
- Final Auditions and Call Backs:
- October 13 - 14, 8am-5pm, at SDSU in Peterson Gym
- Sunday Camps:
- Every other Sunday beginning June 24 - December 9, 8am-5pm, Location at SDSU, Room TBA
- January Camp, January 7 - 20, 8am-5pm, at SDSU in Peterson Gym
- January 25, 2019 - April 14, 2019
- Weekly Sectionals TBD
- Friday 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Sunday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Visit the Guard Calendar for exact dates and more information:
Open Guard Fees & Information
- Please visit our FAQs page for more information.
- We will be attending several WGI Regionals as well as WGI World Championships, WCWG Championships and WGASC Championships. Additional shows will be throughout Southern California.
- We compete in the following circuits: Winter Guard International (WGI), Winter Guard Association of Southern California (WGASC), and West Coast Winter Guard (WCWG), as well as additional performances at SDSU and throughout San Diego.
- Fees will be $1800 - $2000 (TBD). Scholarships and individual fundraisers will be announced.
- New members that did not march the fall guard will also be required to purchase their team gear (warm ups, back pack, practice attire, SD Guard shirt, etc.).
- SDSU students must enroll in the class for the Spring semester and non-SDSU members must register for the class through extended studies for the Spring semester.
- All members are required to participate in team fundraisers such as: On Camera Audiences, Restaurant Fundraisers, Holiday Gift Wrapping, Souvenir and Recruiting Booths, The Great Give, Clothing & Technology Drives, Clinic & Camp Staff, etc.