Marching Aztecs color guard
Fall Guard Information
We are no longer accepting auditions
The following information will be similar to our next season:
- Please visit our FAQs page for more information.
- We perform at all home football games at Qualcomm Stadium as well as additional performances at SDSU and throughout San Diego.
- If the football team qualifies for a Bowl Game, we will travel with the team and perform there as well. In the past this has been in Hawaii, Las, Vegas, Austin, Boise, and more.
- All members of the fall guard must register and pay for the Fall Marching Band Course at SDSU. Non-SDSU students must register and pay for the Fall Marching Band Extended Studies Course. Amount, registration deadline, and info will be provided upon making the team.
- Fall members will receive a $200+ stipend at the end of the season.
- Fall members will receive warm ups and a backpack as well as additional SDSU gear (T-shirts, baseball caps, etc.).
- Fees to march the fall guard are $250 for new members only. These fees pay for one-time expenses which members keep at the end of the season:
- Body tight/dance belt
- Show shoes
- Team Shirt
- Team Practice Gear
- Other Team Items
- SDSU Marching Aztecs Website: http://music.sdsu.edu/index.php/bands
Please print and complete the forms below and bring them with you to auditions:
- Participation Waiver - ***Important*** If you are under 18 you MUST have a parent/guardian sign this waive
Summer Rehearsals for Fall Guard Members
- June 19-August 2, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5-9pm
- Peterson Gym, PG 241 (upstairs gym)
- All members are required to attend Tuesday rehearsals for dance and flag training
- Thursday rehearsals are optional but highly recommended for those interested in rifle and/or sabre
Fall Guard Rehearsal Schedule
- Guard Camp, Monday - Friday, August 6-10, Times TBA
- Band Camp, Monday - Friday, August 13-17, Times TBA
- August 20 - December (Exact date TBD based on Bowl Game Schedule)
- Mondays 3:00 - 7:00 pm
- Wednesdays 3:00 - 6:00 pm
- Fridays 3:00 - 6:00 pm
All members are required to participate in fundraisers
- Hollywood TV Show On Camera Audience
- Padre Games
- Car Washes
- Restaurant Fundraisers
- Ford Drive 4 U
- Holiday Gift Wrapping
- Souvenir and Recruiting Booth
- The Great Give
- Clinic & Camp Staff